Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year 2012 - Back in Denmark

Happy New Year everyone!! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time..! A lot of things happened the last weeks in Japan, and I didn't really have time OR internet to update either lol (︶︹︺)

I came back to Denmark just in time for Christmas and have been busy with Christmas events and then New Year.. But I'll start of by filling you in with Japan first.

Being in Japan for 3 months was surely.. amazing. I guess it's just being away from your home country in a longer period makes you realize a lot of things about yourself and what you really appreciate.

In those three months I learned a lot of things. I've experienced both good and bad things. I've met several cultural challenges. I've learned being alone isn't always a bad thing. I learned the importance of socializing. I've learned the importance of taking care of your friendships. I've learned that traveling is an amazing thing.


It's difficult to wrap everything up in just a simple blog post, but being away has definitely been what I needed. 3 months might not be so long, but enough to get a better picture of Japan and myself. However, not enough time to make me miss my home country. Not enough time to get fluent in Japanese. Not enough time to deepen any relationships. Not enough time to spend more time with the lovely people I met.


Despite all the lovely Christmas decorations in Japan, I didn't really feel Christmas at all. Everything went by quite fast and even Christmas eve drowned in jetlag lol /fail. 


I didn't wanna go home at all. But now being home again isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course I wanna go back. But I've also learned that you need to appreciate and value what you got. It might sound kinda cliché and cheesy. But I admit I forgot a lot and my home country didn't have any impact or importance for me while being consumed in busy, crowded and very different Japan.


It feels like the fastest 3 months in my life. I've definitely experienced and learned so much more compared to prior years. The 3 months felt like 3 weeks. 


However I'm happy not to be mashed together in crowded trains anymore. I'm happy not to be followed by weirdos and desperate nampa-guys when walking or waiting alone. And I'm happy that time doesn't go as fast as it felt like it did in Japan.


I think it's good for me to be back again. To get back on track and do the things that needs to be done. To not to think that I can just keep doing 'nothing' like in the past 3 months. 


Yep, 3 months of vacation was definitely awesome but also kinda dangerous! 


You can see most of my pictures from Japan on my Flickr
I think that covers a lot of my thoughts and feelings of Japan. I know I'll come back again. Actually, I'm planning on going back after this summer and stay for a year hopefully! We'll see (∩_∩)

But hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!! 
I'll be back in next post with my xmas presents lol.

Thanks for reading! ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment